Financial Assistant/Revenue Coordinator
Position Summary: The Financial Assistant/Revenue Coordinator will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) performing a variety of tasks that assist in the extraction, compilation, and preparation of data to create reports and documents to meet the needs and requirements of the Finance Department.
1. Assist CFO with assigned finance and billing department related tasks which may include, but not be limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, human resource management, provider and site insurance credentialling, managing/creating Excel reporting, data reporting and reconciling, bank reconciliations, financial statement reports, internal and external audits and compilations, grants management and associated grant reports, and other duties as directed and assigned.
2. Assures compliance with all regulatory and compliance matters and manages all legal and contractual matters in accordance with current laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
3. Creates an organizational environment of professionalism and respect.
4. Demonstrates respect and understanding of confidentiality of information for all patients, staff and others according to facility policy and HIPAA standards.
5. Participates in staff meetings and other meetings as instructed.
6. May be asked to perform other duties that align with NHC’s mission, including but not limited to participation on clinical committees, providing education, Quality Review and/or other activities.
1. Skill in providing excellent customer service and support; organizing and prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines; and excellent written and verbal communication.
2. Ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds.
3. Ability to work effectively with managers, co-workers, members of the public and professional groups.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing), consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, among all employees and members of the public.
5. Ability to work as an effective team member; function independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative; be flexible to shift priorities; maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective interpersonal work relationships.
6. Ability to follow NHC Clinic practice guidelines – including adhering to the NHC immunization policy and the NHC Mission and Vision and NHC Corporate Compliance Policy.
7. Ability to receive constructive feedback including evaluation of productivity and practice attributes.
1. Ability to perform each position responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
2. Ability to understand that safety is a condition of employment. Unsafe acts or conditions will be reported to the supervisor or Site Coordinator.
3. Must be computer literate with ability to enter information in the NHC EHR system and compile reports or data as requested.
4. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Education and/or Experience:
• Accounting/Financial/HR experience, PREFERRED
• Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance, PREFERRED
• High School diploma or equivalent, REQUIRED
• Experience with QuickBooks® and MS Office, PREFERRED
License and / or Certification:
• Current Immunization Records
• Current PPD
• Must be willing to travel between NHC health centers.
• Must be willing to work evening hours and weekends if necessary.
Appearance Standards: This position shall follow the appearance standards as outlined in the NHC Personnel Appearance Policy.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee may experience exposure to dust, pollens, pollutants, fumes, and communicable diseases as related to the health care environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.