Marketing and Engagement Manager
Position Summary: The Marketing & Engagement Manager reports to the COO working as a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and strong analytical skills. This position is highly strategic and requires a combination of focus, flexibility, and willingness to be in an active, forward-facing role in addition to working behind the scenes. The Marketing & Engagement Manager oversees the Marketing Department, leads all fundraising efforts, and manages the participation of events and projects, including publicity and awareness in the communities we serve.
Supervision Exercised: Marketing & Outreach Staff
1. Collaborate with the CEO and Executive team to investigate organization diversification into new partnerships and communities, identifying and coordinating strategic alliances and partnerships.
2. Serve in the capacity of liaison between the organization, clinical, and consumer communities in fundraising, marketing, business development, and relationship building.
3. Consistently and comprehensively serve the needs of active and prospective partners through immediate and thorough response.
4. Work in cooperation with current partners to remain familiar with all opportunities to better meet the needs of the communities.
5. Acquire and appropriately disseminate information for the development of new partnerships.
6. Develop strong relationships with the employees to achieve maximum alignment and engagement.
7. Develop relations with key business and industry stakeholders.
8. Travel, attend, and represent NHC at various meetings both internally and externally.
9. Collaborate with Executive and Leadership teams during meetings as an active, positive participant of the team.
10. Monitor marketplace activities and ensure that the organization’s responses to change is strategically appropriate, properly focused and produced in a timely fashion.
11. Provide leadership and supervision to department staff including preparation of work schedules, developing goals and objectives, evaluating policies, procedures and making recommendations for improvement.
12. Oversee planning and execution of marketing programs and campaigns.
13. Responsible for overseeing the design, development, and distribution of marketing materials.
14. Manage, provide content, and maintain website and social media pages.
15. Research and identify marketing trends.
16. Relay patient and community questions and comments to management.
17. Promote website and other social media to individual community members and organizations.
18. Identify potential candidates for online donations.
19. Oversee the planning, promoting, and coordination of fundraising events.
20. Foster relationships with community organizations.
21. Collaborate with other healthcare facilities as needed.
22. Adhere to the Mission and Values of Northland Health Centers.
23. May be asked to perform other duties that align with NHC’s mission.
1. Skill in providing excellent customer service and support; organizing and prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines; and excellent written and verbal communication.
2. Ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds.
3. Ability to work effectively with managers, co-workers, members of the public and professional groups.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing), consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, among all employees and members of the public.
5. Ability to work as an effective team member; function independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative; be flexible to shift priorities; maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective interpersonal work relationships, effectively assist providers; work toward goals and objectives of draft priorities.
6. Ability to follow NHC Clinic practice guidelines – including adhering to the NHC immunization policy and the NHC Mission and Vision and NHC Corporate Compliance Policy.
7. Ability to receive constructive feedback including evaluation of productivity and performance attributes.
1. Ability to perform each position responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties of the position.
2. Ability to understand that safety is a condition of employment. Unsafe acts or conditions will be reported to the supervisor or Site Coordinator.
3. Must be computer literate with ability to enter information and compile reports or retrieve data as requested.
4. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Education and/or Experience:
• Experience in marketing, communications, event planning, advertising and publication, PREFERRED
• Advanced coursework in, Health Education, Social Services, Human Services, or a related field, PREFERRED
• Two years prior experience of clinical setting working in occupational medicine, community education, and/or wellness activities, PREFERRED
License and / or Certification:
• Valid North Dakota Driver’s License
• Current Immunization Records
• Current PPD
• Must be willing to travel between NHC health centers.
• Must be willing to work evening hours and weekends if necessary.
Appearance Standards: This position shall follow the appearance standards as outlined in the NHC Personnel Appearance Policy.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee may experience exposure to dust, pollens, pollutants, fumes, and communicable diseases as related to the health care environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.