Accounts Receivable Specialist
Position Summary: This position is responsible for processing electronic and manual payments received from insurance companies, patients, and other entities to patient accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
The following information is intended to be representative of the essential functions performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive.
1. Prepare, post, and reconcile insurance and patient payment batches.
2. Ensure correct payment and line item adjustments are performed correctly and in a timely manner.
3. Daily, weekly, and monthly deposit and batch posting reconciliation.
4. Resolve missing Explanation of Benefits issues with payors and responsible third-party entities.
5. Identify insurance and patient overpayment and refund issues.
6. Post all other incoming patient correspondence to patient accounts.
7. Conduct audit of billing and payment cycles.
8. Review and research bad address files.
9. Assist with provider insurance credentialing duties as needed.
10. Assist with Sliding Fee Scale application and audit processes.
11. Assist NHC personnel when needed as time permits.
12. Assist with reports to maintain federal funding as requested.
13. Assist with updating policies, procedures, and forms as needed.
14. Participate is staff meetings and other meetings as instructed.
15. Maintain confidentiality within the workplace and within the community.
16. Handle protected health information in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
17. Adhere to the Mission and Values of NHC.
18. Participates in all Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition and transformation activities.
19. May be asked to perform other duties that align with NHC’s mission, including but not limited to participation on clinical committees, providing education, Quality Review and/or other activities.s
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Attention to detail
3. Computer knowledge
4. Medical Terminology
5. Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding
6. Experience in coding and charge entry
1. Ability to perform each position responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties of the position.
2. Ability to understand that safety is a condition of employment. Unsafe acts or conditions will be reported to the supervisor.
3. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent, REQUIRED
License and/or Certification:
• Valid North Dakota Driver’s License
• Current Immunization Records
• Current PPD
• Must be willing to travel between NHC health centers.
• Must be willing to work evening hours and weekends if necessary.
Appearance Standards: This position shall follow the appearance standards as outlined in the NHC Personnel Appearance Policy.